Toppik is a natural, safe way to conceal the appearance of thinning hair and baldness. It can be very useful if you have thinning hair and want to give the illusion of coverage. It can be effective for up to two days if you do not wash your hair. Toppik can also be used safely after a hair transplant, though it is recommended you wait two weeks following your procedure.
Toppik is not a spray-paint, cream, cover-up lotion, or a hair piece. Rather, Toppik uses something known as "micro-fibers" which, when applied, bind to your hair, and create the illusion of thickness. The fibers used by Toppik are made of the same protein, Keratin, that real human hair is composed of. These fibers actually mesh with your hair so completely that it's nearly impossible to tell that you have anything in your hair. With Toppik, you will instantly see a more natural and thicker looking head of hair.
How to use toppik?
You can apply Toppik by simply holding the custom container over your thinning area, and shaking it gently. In seconds, thousands of tiny color-matched hair fibers will intertwine with your own hair. Charged with static electricity, they bond so securely that they will stay in place all day and night, even in the strongest wind or hardest rain.
- Towel or blow dry your hair, or allow it to air dry completely. Use only on dry hair.
- Hold the container in one hand 3-6 inches above the area to be thickened. For targeting small regions, you may bring the container right to the area.
- Shake Toppik liberally over the desired areas. Don't worry about any fibers falling into surrounding hair because they will simply disappear.
- If you cannot see your back-of-the-head area in the mirror during application, use your another hand to guide you to the areas to be enhanced. If necessary, apply Toppik with your head down, and look in the mirror afterwards.
- Fill in further as needed. With practice, you will soon learn to apply Toppik effectively, with only an occasional glance at the mirror, if at all.
- In frontal areas, spread your thumb and forefinger and place your hand on top of the forehead below the hairline to keep stray fibers from falling to forehead and eyes.
- Patting your hair will help disperse fibers throughout the area. Use an open, plastic, non-bristle brush to style your hair as you wish. You will notice that your hair is much easier to style with the added bulk of the Toppik fibers.