Donor Harvesting Post-Op

Get help with your pre & post op surgical questions and concerns.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Donor Harvesting Post-Op

Icon Post Targetby jt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:28 am

I'm slotted to have donor harvesting performed in an upcoming procedure. I don't see much information about post-op care of the donor harvested area. Does the post-op routine change at all when the donor area is being harvested with bht grafts?

Thanks!
jt

Icon Post Targetby forhair » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:25 pm

CXJohn

Contact Us
-----------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:I am not a physician. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr Cole. My advice is not a medical advice.
2554 777Snake Msnicons
forhair
Site Admin

Icon Post Targetby jt » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:58 am

I guess my question specifically is how to take care of the donor region when there are harvested grafts. For my last procedure (where there were no harvested grafts) I was able to wash the donor area pretty rigorously while caring for the recipient area very delicately. Will I know have to care for the donor region in the same way as the typical recipient areas? Will that slow the healing process?
jt

Icon Post Targetby Michelle » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:22 am

Are you going to do FIT Farming? That is where BHT's are placed in the donor area after extracting FIT's. If that is the case then yes you would care for it the same way you would the recipient area.
Michelle Nester
Patient Services
----------------------------------------
Notice: I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr Cole.
My advice is not medical advice.
2432 176Shadow
Michelle
Accomplished Poster

Icon Post Targetby Bradley » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:33 pm

its been many months since I have first heard about the FIT farming technique. Are there any positive confirmed results of its efficacy?
Iconufo2
Bradley
Proficient Poster

Icon Post Targetby Michelle » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:39 pm

Well Bradley its body hair that is going into the donor area so at this time we are still waiting on results. Body hair takes 2+ years to grow in.
Michelle Nester
Patient Services
----------------------------------------
Notice: I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr Cole.
My advice is not medical advice.
2432 176Shadow
Michelle
Accomplished Poster

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Pre&Post-Op Surgery Faqs Forum