4 weeks FIT little bumps what to or not to do?

Get help with your pre & post op surgical questions and concerns.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

4 weeks FIT little bumps what to or not to do?

Icon Post Targetby vwbuslover » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:45 pm

It has been a month since my surgery, and I am starting to get little red bumps in some of the grafts like little pimples, at this stage ( 4weeks) should I be squeezing the skin at all, or just let them be. Also I have been wearing a hat to conseal the redness, I was wondering if that is okay. A baseball cap shouldn't hurt the grafts right?
vwbuslover

Icon Post Targetby cavdo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:43 am

There is nothing to worry about. The best thing that you can do after the surgery with your grafts is to leave them alone and wash them thoroughly. Don't squeeze the pimples as you can make matters worst by infection leading bigger pimples and a bigger mess.

A baseball cap will not damage the grafts as long as it doesn't press too much against them. But by week 4 the grafts should be already “fused” with the scalp. Try not to rub the cap against your grafts. I'd rather go with a bandana or “beanie hat”.

Also, Aspirin really helps against skin redness, but I don't know if you are supposed to take aspirin 4 weeks post op.
cavdo
Regular Poster

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Pre&Post-Op Surgery Faqs Forum