Search - Pages
Search - Forum
Search - Faq's
Photo Gallery Search
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks

5 days of healing after scar grafting!!!

View surgeries progress and documented details followed with photos and information.
5529 1400vdias Msnicons
CITness
Proficient Poster

5 days of healing after scar grafting!!!

by CITness » Thu May 15, 2008 7:46 am

Here is a scar that is 5 days post-op. The patient had a strip procedure in the summer of 2002. After being totally dissatisfied with the unsightly strip scar, the patient opted to move forward with grafting the scar via CIT. Just last week, Dr. Cole transferred approximately 200 CIT scalp grafts into this patient's 11cm x 3mm scar.

Many patients are not aware of the options to repair strip scars. They are under the impression that a second strip procedure is necessary to improve the appearance of the pre-existing strip (linear) scar. Understanding that hair loss can be a progressive condition for many younger patients, we choose to encourage younger patients that CIT is much less invasive on the donor area that strip (FUT).

We sincerely look forward to a positive result on this patient's case. Stay tuned to http://www.forhair.com for frequent updates!
Attachments
File
5 days post.JPG (130.49 KiB) Viewed 5524 times

waharris007

by waharris007 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:33 pm

That's my head! That picture shows great healing in the first week. I was surprised that I had no shedding at that point, as I was expecting it to start as the scabs fell off. However, I shed most of the grafts after two weeks.

I'm a month in now, and the healing has been great. I already have a lot of stubble in the scar where new hair is growing.

I really think that I'll be able to wear my hair this short with no fears in 3-6 months. I debated whether or not to do this for years, but it was definitely worth it. The CIT donor scars are completely invisible already, even with my hair cut to a one guard. If you're on the fence and your scar really bothers you, I say go for it!

2554 777Snake Msnicons
forhair
Site Admin

Great Hair Transplant Repair Healing

by forhair » Tue May 27, 2008 7:25 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us, very happy to hear that your healing went great...
It will be great if you will be able to keep updating your progress with photo, the users here will really benefit from this kind of documentation.
Thanks and good luck!
CXJohn

Contact Us
-----------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:I am not a physician. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr Cole. My advice is not a medical advice.

sparkysxx

by sparkysxx » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Hows it going with you're head now?

nikemata

Re: 5 days of healing after scar grafting!!!

by nikemata » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:23 am

Hello I am happy with your results. How are you doing now? Does your hair normally grow now? Thanks

oliveirar

Re: 5 days of healing after scar grafting!!!

by oliveirar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 am

You have been recovering that is a really good news but I wish it works good for you and you do get the hair that you wish for. i am happy for you that you had been able to stop hair loss.

Return to “Surgery Photos!”