Search - Forum
Search - Faq's
Photo Gallery Search
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks

Some pictures DR Cole please advise

A general discussion about hair restoration.
Anonymous

Some pictures DR Cole please advise

by Anonymous » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:02 pm

Heres are some pics..Im wondering if I had a FIT done how many grafts would I need to create a natural cosmetically acceptable hairline frontal area again..thanks you
also been on propecia for 2 months and my frontal hair is just looking worse and worse since starting..at a much much faster rate than before I began propecia
heres the link....
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=element676|gallery1.cfm

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:47 pm

Hi my friend,

The pix aren't that great. You're at least a good class three. What's your
age?
Often there will be a little shedding with 5 alpha reductase inhibitors, initially. It will stop, most likely. You certainly have not been on long enough to see improvement
I'd continue it, especially if you're young and have the potential to advance in your hair loss.
We could build you a reasonable hair line (ie, one that would be appropriate for your age now and in 20 years), probably with 1500 grafts, to recreate the hairline and fill in the fronto-temporal recessions somewhat.
Make sense?

TB

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:54 pm

You really think I need that many grafts?
I was wondering what DR Cole might think..
Also Im a norwood 3?..I been on propecia for 2 months no increase in shedding but my frontal hair has thinned alot..

drewsturner
Proficient Poster

by drewsturner » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:52 am

You need to speak with Dr. Cole. It appears that you are fairly young, maybe in your twenties. Definitely stay on the propecia. It looks like your hair has receded some but it is still thick, which is a good thing. Most people cannot tell the difference if you wear your hair down. Preservation of what you have now should be your goal. You could drop your hairline some, but it depends on your age.

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:12 am

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay. I'd be interested to get Dr. Cole's take on this as well.
Again, the pix are bad, so it's hard to tell. You are a class 3 for sure. We might be able to get by with 1000 to 1200 if we leave the forelock alone and move cautiously.
I'd suggest you also add minoxidil, to get the synergism between it and finasteride.
I also don't think you gave me your age yet again.

TB

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:58 am

im 27 years of age
is it normal though that 2 months in on propecia and my frontal forlokc area is thinner than it was 2 months prior? alot thinner

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:03 am

it is not at all uncommon for there to be an increase in shedding 2 or 3 months into 5-alpha reductase inhibitor treatment. Probably telogen hairs. It stops almost always. Stay on it, stay the course, and the long-term result will probably be better than without.
It saddens me that all to often, people will start Propecia, and stop after say, 6 or 8 months because, "it's not working", or because of an initial shed. Hear it all the time. Give it a year at the very least.

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:36 am

I would not go as far to say Im shedding
I was shedding badly before propecia in my honest opinion it just stayed the same
the only difference is that my frontal forelock area got alot thinner my part got wider etc much faster in those 2 months on .5mg of fin..
is that normal?
Also I see your a Dr so my question i have is I ran out of fin for 2 weeks I just got some more started again yesterday should i be ok? in regards to andrgoen upregulation or hormonal changes...thank you
Does DR Cole evr reply on this forum?

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:47 am

you'll be fine on the finasteride. Just try not to run out, it's best used consistently.
Dr. Cole sometimes responds; it's difficult, as he gets about 500 emails a day, (non-spam!).
It's hard to know about your hairloss; it may be the progression of your hairloss, and not the finasteride. I don't fully understand, though, because if your shedding stayed the same as you said, during those 2 months, then the thinning of the forelock and part widening is probably a simple consequence of the androgenetic alopecia and its progression.

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:28 pm

Its not just progression cause my hair was thicker prior to propecia
alot thicker..it just got a thinner appearance much faster when i started the drug..can propecia speed up my hairloss?
also i was off for 2 weeks i ran out..but i started again on saturday ..and now im getting zits and my sex drive is very high..and im shedding more hair..is this normal?..i read about reflex hyperandgrnocity..so could i have it?..this our the symtpoms or will this all subside?

Iconalbert
drcole
Site Admin

hair loss photos

by drcole » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:17 pm

don't be suprised if you hair loss gets worse initially on propecia or rogaine. both stimulate anagen. the loss should slow down by month 5 to 6 for sure and you should see less loss. if you do not see less loss, you may be one of the unlucky guys who does not repsond to propecia.

it is important to know your age.

your loss currently is a class 2. some might already classify you as a 3. the NW scale is a little subjective. you may head toward a 3. i do not see loss that is apparent in the crown at this time.

this is a 400 to 500 graft procedure in both temples. i'd start with about 800 to 1000 total in the peaks. this does not include any lowering of the frontal hair line in the middle.

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:13 am

thank you Dr Cole
I want to stop my current losses before seeking a FUE .But If I can stop my loss in the next year or so Im going to probably seeking a FUE. Iam currently 27 turning 28 this september
Funny thing is I just started propecia a week ago .5mg daily after being off for 2 weeks due to running out not of my own choice..
But the past few days ive seen less fallout usually when I wash my hair before propecia and when i was on it for 2 months straight before running out id see anywhere from usually 10-16 hairs on my hands..but the last 2 times ive washed my hair ive seen maybe 5 hairs..im hoping this isnt just luck or coicendance and this is good news..i also upped my prozec dose last week too not sure if that has anything to do with it or not..but im hoping this is a sign that continues (knock on wood)..Maybe my frontal hair will thicken back up now..I hope

Return to “Hair Transplant General Forum”