Search - Forum
Search - Faq's
Photo Gallery Search
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks

Recovery after surgery

A general discussion about hair restoration.
timmy4356

Recovery after surgery

by timmy4356 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:22 am

I have been considering hair restoration surgery for a while. Can someone tell me how long I would have to take off from work? If my head is shaved I know it will be very difficult for me to return too soon. Does the patient have to shave their head? I am new to all of this and have a lot of questions.

CoolFIT

by CoolFIT » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 pm

Timmy,

Recovery time with FIT is very fast! I would not expect you would require any more than a couple/few days off from work. This would only be necessary depending on how much you are concerned about a bit of redness. Overall this is a very easy surgery in terms of return to one's daily activities. Have you setup a consultation with Dr. Cole? If you are out of state you can do this "virtually". This is where your specific case can be discussed. If you have any more general questions or if I have not answered your question thoroughly enough, please post again to this forum. If you are interested in setting up a consult you can go to the following URL.

http://www.forhair.com/free-online-consultation/

CoolFIT

Chief

by Chief » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:08 pm

I had a FIT procedure with Dr. Cole. Physically I felt good enough I could have walked out of the operating chair and gone straight to work. However, from an appearance standpoint I would say 7 to 10 days. At this point the VAST majority of your scabs will be gone and the swelling will be gone.

almostthere

by almostthere » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:48 pm

I am 2 weeks post-op and the scabs were gone after 8 days. My scalp on day 14 is still very pink. I had a 3200 graft FIT procedure where the vast majority of the grafts were placed on the front 1/2 of my head. Overall, it looks good. But, I couldn't go out without a hat unless it was really really dark out.

471 27Sowhat
FIT Club
Accomplished Poster

by FIT Club » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks Almost,

It is important that patients hear about real life cases. I am glad to hear you rare recovering well!
CXJohn

Notice: I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr Cole. My advice is not medical advice.

Return to “Hair Transplant General Forum”