my hair

A general discussion about hair restoration.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

my hair

Icon Post Targetby rowdyone82 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:16 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering through the experience of everyone on here, if by judging by my pictures below what class I am and approx. how many grafts it would take to achieve my goal. my current goal is to thicken my exsisting hair line, and possibly the top. but when my hair is wet it looks much thinner then when it is dry. I am pretty confident about my hair when dry, i would just like to really beef up my hairline and top. any input on this would be greatly appreciated. and also I was wondering if anyone had any before and after photos that they would care to send me in regards to the FIT procedure. and also if my donor site has any good or negative potential. thanks again
Attachments
File
hair_001.JPG (159.27 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
File
hair_005.JPG (28.77 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
File
hair_007.JPG (73.35 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
File
hair_009.JPG (35.24 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
File
hair_010.JPG (152.47 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
File
hair_011.JPG (88.89 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
File
hair_015.JPG (27.9 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
rowdyone82

Icon Post Targetby forhair » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:05 am

rowdyone82, first we need to know what is your age. judging from the photos you are norwood 3 that is going to 5 in the future...
Are you om meds?
CXJohn

Contact Us
-----------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:I am not a physician. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr Cole. My advice is not a medical advice.
2554 777Snake Msnicons
forhair
Site Admin

Icon Post Targetby drcole » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:58 am

You are currently showing signs of miniturization in the crown and the frontal area.

while it is possible to give you specific graft counts, i would prefer to know your age first. you have lost very little hair. it is just that your hair is getting finer and lighter. the finer hair is allowing more light to penetrate to the scalp. this is going to be more noticable when your hair is wet or when you are in direct well, lighted areas. any grafts into the thinning areas at this time, could lead to shock loss. therefore, it is best to treat the area with medications first and hope that this alone solves the problem for you. if not, you can beef the area up adding a little hair gradually or a whole bunch all at once. the latter probably caries a greater risk of shock loss.
CXJohn

My Bio Page
-----------------------------------------------------
Iconalbert
drcole
Site Admin

hair

Icon Post Targetby rowdyone82 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:03 am

I am actually 30years old, and I am currently taking 1mg of propecia a day and using monoixdil as well.
rowdyone82

Thin hair

Icon Post Targetby FIThair » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:35 pm

The bigger or thicker the hairs the better coverage we will achieve. If you have thin hairs, hair transplant surgery is still possible but it may take more than one procedure to achieve the desirable illusion of coverage.
FIThair
Patient Services
Europe Sig
----------------------------------------
Notice: I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of the CHTG doctors.
My advice is not medical advice.
Shedevil
FIThair
Proficient Poster

Icon Post Targetby rowdyone82 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:27 pm

I think my donor hair is much thicker than the top, and also when my hair is dry, it is much thicker and coarser than when it is wet
rowdyone82

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Hair Transplant-General Forum