How many hairs can be extracted with an FUE method ?

A general discussion about hair restoration.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

How many hairs can be extracted with an FUE method ?

Icon Post Targetby grolou85 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:55 pm

hey everybody.
im 24 and had one strip procedure ( 4000 grafts ) placed in my front area.
im gonna have 2000 more in my crown.
so my question is the following.
After that second strip session, i wouldnt be able to have another one.
so, how many grafts in total can be extracted if i have an average density, from the back of my head , and on the sides ? not in one session, but in GENERAL. in 5 sessions if needed.
does anybody know.? ive been looking for answers and havent found any yet.
thanks in advance for your help !
regards
grolou85

Icon Post Targetby CITness » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Groulou85,

Your actual case may require that a physician physically examine your donor area. At least clear photos of your donor area are needed to approximate your donor resources. Depending on your classification of hair loss, you may need to change your goals or expectations. Advanced cases of hair loss require very large amounts of grafts. A virgin scalp can have more than 7,000 CIT grafts harvested from the donor area. Each patient naturally has specific amounts of donor supply which varies from donor to donor. Please feel free to give us a call at 1 (678) 566-1011 or 800 368 4247
5529 1400vdias Msnicons
CITness
Proficient Poster

Icon Post Targetby gamecock » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:26 pm

I usually see other clinics transplanting a bunch more grafts that you guys. Why is that?
4957 2331fielmich Msnicons
gamecock
Regular Poster

Icon Post Targetby CITness » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Gamecock,

We average about 2.9 hairs per transplanted follicular unit. The grafts that we transplant are not fractionated and are placed intact. Our goal is to transplant as few grafts as possible because it is in patients' best interests in consideration of further hair loss.
5529 1400vdias Msnicons
CITness
Proficient Poster

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Hair Transplant-General Forum