Search - Forum
Search - Faq's
Photo Gallery Search
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks

Complete hair and scalp transplant

A general discussion about hair restoration.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Complete hair and scalp transplant

by BT4M » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:33 am

Hi,

I am wondering if its possible to do a complete transplant of hair and scalp from an asian donor to myself, a caucasion. I am 25years old and have a heavily receeded hairline. My hair in general is blonde and very very thin in diamiter all over and would die to have that thick black hair most asain males seem to have. One of my conserns is that if the implatation of donor hair is possible my old hair would still grow though aswell. Is it possible to transplant the entire scalp from the donor to prevent this. If Professor Jean-Michel Dubernard can transplant a hand and entire face i would hope a hair and scalp transplant should be possible.

Thank you
BT4M

by cavdo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Theoretically it is possible. However, I am not familiar with a case where a person to person hair transplant has been done and so far there is no evidence that it is possible.

As I said theoretically it would be possible, but we don't know what the results would be and how the growth yield would turn out. And there is also the rejection factor, the recipient of a person to person hair transplant would have to take anti rejection medication for the rest of its life and put the whole body at risk.

I personally do not think it is wise to jeopardize ones well being for a full head of hair.
cavdo
Regular Poster

by GirlTech » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:31 am

I agree with cavdo
Animcute
GirlTech
Regular Poster

by momshelia » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:02 pm

cavdo wrote: "Theoretically it is possible. However, I am not familiar with a case where a person to person hair transplant has been done and so far there is no evidence that it is possible.

As I said theoretically it would be possible, but we don't know what the results would be and how the growth yield would turn out. And there is also the rejection factor, the recipient of a person to person hair transplant would have to take anti rejection medication for the rest of its life and put the whole body at risk.

I personally do not think it is wise to jeopardize ones well being for a full head of hair."

i would like to say i am a 32 yr old female that at age 18 i lost 80% of my scalp and 1/2 of my left ear in a a machine at work, well they couldnt save my scalp, if this is possible i would love to find out more info on getiin this done, i would like to enjoy life again
momshelia

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Hair Transplant-General Forum