Search - Forum
Search - Faq's
Photo Gallery Search
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Newsfeeds
Search - Weblinks

3 months after

A general discussion about hair restoration.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1

3 months after

by rowdyone82 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 am

I had a FIT transplant of 1100 grafts in the hairline on april 21, 2007 I was just wondering, the hair growth I see now are sparratic in spot some spots and no growth in others? is this the amount of hair that is going to grow? or will I see the empty spots begin to fill in over the next couple of months?
rowdyone82

by Jessica » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 am

This is good! Its only been two months and you are already seeing growth. Usually the first hairs start to grow at about 3 months post-op. The hairs don't all grow at the same rate. It is common for some areas to grow in faster than others. At about 6 months, typically you will have a good idea of what is growing. Then from 6 months to 1 year, the hairs that have sprouted will mature and thicken.

Here are some examples of hairline work at different levels of growth:

IrishJack post op and 5.5 months:
http://www.forhair.com/forums/3/photos-from-irishjackmp-5-5-months-post-op-fit-963

IHTI Europe patient at 6 months and 1 year:
http://www.forhair.com/forums/3/1000-fit-after-1-year-1234

9 month result of 1500 grafts to the hair line:
http://www.forhair.com/hair-transplant-photos/cit/patient-bld/
1300 grafts hair line work at 8 months:
http://www.forhair.com/forums/3/mohair-8-months-fit-progress-409

500 grafts to the right side of the hair line at 4 months and 7 months:
http://www.forhair.com/forums/3/fit-results-in-the-right-temple-500-g-52

I hope this helps. Keep us updated on your progress!
Animcute
Jessica
Regular Poster

3 months

by rowdyone82 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:43 pm

thank you, and I hope I get good growth
rowdyone82

by Jessica » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:15 pm

No problem. Icon Biggrin If you ever have any concerns, feel free to snap some pictures and send them to us. I will have Dr. Cole review them and give you his opinions. Ask all the questions you need. That is what we are here for. Icon Cool
I am not a doctor. I am a technical writer and surgical tech trained in hair transplant.
My opinions are not necessarily those of Drs. Cole, Mwamba or IHTI.
My advice is not medical advice.
Animcute
Jessica
Regular Poster

by fiberoptic » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Hey,
I got a hairtransplant right about the same time you did. Im starting to notice the same thing. sporatic growth, very thin right now, so its hard to tell whats goin on or how it's gonna turn out. I'm a very impatient person, it's pretty tough waiting. Maybe we can keep in touch and talk about our progression.
good luck.
fiberoptic

by rowdyone82 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:21 pm

I will do that thanks again, I hope all works out okay for both of us lol
rowdyone82

by tijuanatom » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:59 pm

Hey Guys, let's check out some pictures and see what your talking about.
tijuanatom

by fiberoptic » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:21 pm

I unfortunately don't have a digital camera.

I think im starting to see more growth in areas where there was no hair. The hair is still pretty thin, but im finally beginning to feel like there is hope. I shed probably the amount that dr. cole says you probably will after the transplant, but i unfortunately experienced some shock loss as well from pre-existing hair. Rowdy... did you get any shock loss?

Im feeling pretty confident about the transplant hairs now, just wondering if im not gonna have to go back and fill in the areas were i got shock loss now. I know im gonna wait a full year for everything to work its way out, but the shock loss has me kinda bummed.

But all in all, things have picked up, and excited to see how things are gonna come around in the next month, im about 2 weeks from the 3 month mark. at last!!! been a long 2 and a half months. lol
fiberoptic

by tijuanatom » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:49 pm

C'mon who doesn't have a digital camera in this day and age...
tijuanatom

by Jessica » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:40 pm

Congrats fiberoptic! Keep us updated!

If some native hair was lost due to shock loss, it will usually grow back. You should start to see regrowth after shock loss at about 3 months after the shed. Sometimes the shocked hair will be accelerated in its life cycle, so there is a chance that it might grow back a little finer than before. If you don't have a digital camera, feel free to mail us some snapshots of your progress if you like. The 6 month mark is an especially good time to do this. Icon Biggrin

I don't have a digital camera either; it broke last week and I only had it for one year! Next time, I will know better and buy the reputable brand rather than the generic on sale. Icon Mad Icon Wink
I am not a doctor. I am a technical writer and surgical tech trained in hair transplant.
My opinions are not necessarily those of Drs. Cole, Mwamba or IHTI.
My advice is not medical advice.
Animcute
Jessica
Regular Poster

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Hair Transplant-General Forum