Expanding Hair Supply For Hair Loss Patients
We perform on this patient more then 4800 body hair including CIT grafts from the chest and the back of a patient over an 8 day span. The patient has a very thin donor area and huge scars all over the back of his head. It was almost impossible to take grafts with a strip procedure. Because the patient could not allow us to shave a large area of his scalp (due to his high profile job as a Fortune 500 executive) we were limited to only 1000 grafts with CIT from his scalp donor area. This patient's only solution was to do a follicular isolation technique procedure with his body hair. Fortunately, he had an abundance of hair on his back and chest. As you can see from these photos he is healing fast. After 8 days the initial CIT extraction areas are almost healed except for a pink color to the skin. We are cautiously optimistic about the potential for body hair as an additional source of hair for the bald or thinning scalp.
|Back To Top|
- Forhair Solutions
Why Choose CIT?
- CIT® is less invasive
- Does not leave a tell-tale linear scar
- Faster and less painful recovery
- Low transection rate of under 3 percent
- Natural hair lines and optimal aesthetic results
- Maximal graft survival
- Maximizes donor hair for harvesting
- Allows physician to “cherry-pick” grafts that will result in an optimal yield
- CIT® is virtually undetectable
- Can be performed even when the scalp is too tight for a strip procedure
- C2G, or CIT® to Go is a non-shaven version of CIT®, no need to shave your head!
- Hair Transplant Results
- Hair Loss Info
- About Forhair